Sunday’s dominant American performance in golf’s historic Ryder Cup at Whistling Straits in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, generated one specific Illinois sports betting celebration.
Playing on a FanDuel Illinois mobile app, a bettor in Illinois placed $8 — yes, $8 — on a 12-leg Ryder Cup parlay on the final Sunday head-to-head matchups and celebrated with a total payout of $966,290.
The Illinois gambling customer picked the correct result in all 12 USA vs. Europe singles matchups including six moneyline underdogs. The bettor even correctly predicted two ties, according to FanDuel.
Here is the breakdown:
- Brooks Koepka (+154) defeated Bernd Wiesberger, 2 & 1.
- Bryson DeChambeau (-105) defeated Sergio Garcia, 3 & 2.
- Tie between Collin Morikawa and Viktor Hovland (+550).
- Daniel Berger (-173) defeated Matt Fitzpatrick, 1 up.
- Dustin Johnson (-159) defeated Paul Casey, 1 up.
- Lee Westwood (+190) defeated Harris English, 1 up.
- Tie between Jordan Spieth and Tommy Fleetwood (+650).
- Justin Thomas (-159) defeated Tyrrell Hatton, 4 & 3.
- Patrick Cantlay (-120) defeated Shane Lowry, 4 & 2.
- Scottie Scheffler (+230) defeated the No. 1-ranked player in the world, Jon Rahm, 4 & 3.
- Ian Poulter (+200) defeated Tony Finau, 3 & 2.
- Rory McIlory (+180) defeated Xander Schauffele, 3 & 2.
The United States defeated defending champion Europe, 19-9.
Ryder Cup 2023 will be held at Marco Simone Golf & Country Club near Rome, Italy.For July, Illinois sports bettors wagered $369.1 million. The state has not released August numbers. The July total handle figure was good enough for third nationally behind New Jersey and Nevada.